We are not comforted so that we can be comfortable but so that we may be able to comfort others.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

June 2,2011

Another month has passed.  It has only been 2 months since my loving God took Michael home and it feels like eternity. 
In my humanness I just don't see how my poor heart will ever be healed.  How this vast great void and massive hole will ever be filled.
I still miss him horribly. I still HATE that he is gone.
Oh this sea of sorrow is so great and wide.  There seems to be no end in sight.  There is always the constant motion of sadness.  Then there are the big waves that are so huge and threatening.  I sometimes fear they will swallow me up.  But my Christ never allows that.  They come, they wash over me, and then they go.  I so wish to reach the shore of this sea that is wearing the pieces of my broken heart and seeming to dry up my soul.
But I will continue to hope in my Saviour, the One who truly knows my pain and the depth of my grief.    My healing and restoration can only come from Him.  So I will continue to trust the One who is trustworthy.  May I always cling to my Rock.  For He is my fortress and strong tower.  He will provide my rest and comfort.  In Him is my fullness of life.
Oh grace upon grace wash over me and precious Saviour keep my eyes fixed on You.

No comments:

Post a Comment