We are not comforted so that we can be comfortable but so that we may be able to comfort others.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

August 11, 2011

Yes my Saviour is keeping me.  My biggest fear when Michael passed away was that I would fall apart, away from God.  That I would sink and drown to the point of losing the ability to care for my children.  But no, He has promised that nothing no nothing could separate me from His love.  I have Christ, I am truly His, and His grip on me will never loosen.  What I do or don't do will never change who He is and what He has promised.  I may feel like my life is ruined and in shambles but I am His and He is mine.  I need not fear.
It has been almost 5 months now and I still miss my love more now than ever.  My mourning is still here, there are very few days of joy and many days filled with longing for heaven.  But in the midst of all these tears and sorrow my Saviour is with me holding me and keeping me.  What a wonderful God I serve full of loving kindness and grace. 
He continues to help me trust Him.  He does all the keeping.  My help comes from Him and Him alone.  What a wonderful comfort for my soul.


"He will feed his flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm
and carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those who are with young."
Isaiah 40:11

No comments:

Post a Comment