We are not comforted so that we can be comfortable but so that we may be able to comfort others.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

March 9, 2011

My sweet Davis' birthday. What a wonderful blessing to have him for 5 years. Oh that he would know his Maker and love his Redeemer with every fiber of his being.

I have been learning that the most wonderful thing about God's care for us is not the care in itself, it is the way in which He cares for us. It is always the way that will bring Him most glory. It is intertwined with our good. What a great comfort to my needy heart. For this is why I was created, to glorify Him. Isn't it so true that when your eyes are intently focused on Christ there is a such a strange dimness to everything else.

"Cast your burden on the Lord, and he shall sustain you;
 He shall never permit the righteous to be moved
Psalm 55:22

How sweet His sustaining is!  For I don't deserve His mercy and grace.  The blood of Christ has saved me and made me clean.  I was a weak soul lacking in faith until God blessed me with burdens, cares, sickness and uncertainty.  For it was these cares, troubles and my husband's cancer that drove me to my God.  He changed my heart and made me His.  What a blessed thought that this wretch of a sinner will one day be in eternity with Christ beholding His glory free from all sin and worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment