We are not comforted so that we can be comfortable but so that we may be able to comfort others.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

March 18, 2011

Why do I continue to struggle with fear of the future.  Which translates to my trust in God and in His provision for me and the children.  When I have moments where that fear begins to seep in slowly God reminds me of His character.  For He is unchangeable, not given to flightiness or emotional outburst.

"God is with the true, the just, the holy to deliver them; and He will deliver you. 
Remember how Daniel came our of the lion's den, and the three holy children out of
the furnace.  Yours is not so desperate a case as theirs but if it were, the Lord would
bear you through, and make you more than a conquerer.  Fear to fear.  Be afraid
to be afraid.  Your worst enemy is with in your own bosom.  Get to your knees and
cry for help, and then rise up saying I will trust and not be afraid."
Charles Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment