We are not comforted so that we can be comfortable but so that we may be able to comfort others.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

March 30, 2011

"Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth Thine own presence to cheer and to guide
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand besides"
 Great is Thy Faithfulness

Today is Wednesday.  Since Sunday Michael has been bed bound, hasn't eaten and is , for the most part, non-responsive.  He will answer you if you ask a question but he can't stay awake for longer than a minute or two.
I have been taking the kids to and from school the last two days, but I fear I can not do that now.  I don't want to leave his side.  Even thought he really isn't himself, I would rather him stay like this than leave forever.

Oh Father, please don't let sorrow engulf me like quick sand.  Please keep me from sinking.  Let me not be overwhelmed by grief so that others would see the greatness of Your sustaining grace.  Your grace that truly is more than enough.  Hide me in Your wings and cover me.  Never let bitterness or resentment have a foothold in my soul.  Keep me fettered to You.  Plant my feet firmly in the solid rock of my Saviour.  For I am weak and sinful, keep my heart from striving against Your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment