We are not comforted so that we can be comfortable but so that we may be able to comfort others.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

March 16, 2011

The doctor came in this morning and said he would like to send Michael home tomorrow.  We prayed yesterday for God to ease Michael's pain that He would strengthen him to be able to go home.  Looking back at our very long stay in the hospital I am beyond amazed at His sustaining grace.  He has held me, loved me, carried me, and not only met all of my needs I thought I had but also needs, of greater importance, that I didn't know I had.
Why do I now sit here and feel that fear start to creep in while I begin to think of how we will adjust to this new life?  Has He not already proved faithful and more than able?  Have I not pledged my trust and confidence in His perfect will?  I hate the flesh and it's bent toward sin that I would question my loving God's care for me and His promises for me.

"Almighty God can make us stronger than our circumstances and can turn each
circumstance and turn each situation to our good.  In God's strength we can make
them all pay tribute to our soul.  We can even take the darkest disappointment
break it open and discover a precious jewel of grace inside.  When God gives us an iron
will, we can cut through the hardest soil.  As He has said "I will make you"
Streams in the Desert  pg 115

"A bruised reed He will not break, and a smoking flax, He will not quench. 
He will bring forth truth"
Isaiah 42:3   

No comments:

Post a Comment