We are not comforted so that we can be comfortable but so that we may be able to comfort others.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

June 28, 2011

"You will no more be afraid, you will sing His praise
in a better place.  A place that His hand has made."
Oswald Chambers

My God has created a new chapter in my life.  He has closed the old and what His hand has done no one can undo it.  I didn't choose this new life.  I don't know how to live it, how to be happy in it, or how to function in it.
The pain of missing my love sometimes seems to lessen and other times seems to overwhelm my frail soul.  Just to kiss and hug him one more time, to feel his strong hands on my back and hear his wonderful voice tell me he loves me and everything is going to be ok.
I long for the day that this painful ache won't be so painful anymore.

"They shall be My people and I will be their God, then I will give
them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me forever, for the
good of them and their children after them.  And I will make an everlasting
covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good;
but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from me.
Yes, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will assuredly plant them
in this land, with all My heart and with all My soul.  For thus says the Lord:
Just as I have brought all this great calamity on this people, so I will bring on them
all the good that I have promised them."
Jeremiah 32:38-42

No comments:

Post a Comment