We are not comforted so that we can be comfortable but so that we may be able to comfort others.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

June 6, 2011

Grief is my constant companion.  He goes with me wherever I go and is always careful to remind me that he is here.  Sometimes with little nudges and other times with loud screams that stab at what is left of my heart.  When I am at my worst I hear my Saviour calling me to stand, reminding me of His faithfulness.  So I will keep holding onto my Christ.  My Redeemer who shed His own blood for my soul.
I know and believe wholly and completely that God will bind up my broken heart and joy will come in the morning.

Hymn
Standing on the promises of Christ my King
Through eternal ages let his praises ring
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing
Standing on the promises of God

Standing on the promises that can not fail
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail
By the living Word of God I shall prevail
Standing on the promises of God

Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord
Bound to Him eternally by love's strong cord
Overcoming daily with the Spirit's sword
Standing on the promises of God

Standing on the promises I can not fail
Listening every moment to the Spirit's call
Resting in my Saviour as my all in all
Standing on the promises of God

It really amazes me how very comforting and real God has made His Word to me.  What a sweet treasure we have, forever etched on paper, always available to soothe, comfort, and equip.  How well our Maker knows our needs and how ever willing and able He is to meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment